Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Share Spotlight: Do You Ever Feel Like Wonder Woman?

 From When You Work At a Museum:
The opening reception for the new exhibition starts in 10 minutes, you’re wearing a dress and high heels, and you have to climb a 16 ft. ladder to rehang an installation. What do you do?

 As an "emerging museum professional" (at least that's what they called me at the conference I went to a few weeks ago) I am still learning the ins and outs of the field. For me, one of the big ones has been professional dress. In Texas, nice blue jeans and a pretty blouse are considered "business casual." Not so in New York (or anywhere else, for that matter), and so I have to sympathize with the occasional absurdity of women's fancy wear.

But! Every once in a while, you do get to feel like Wonder Woman.

I am distinctly reminded of a quote I once saw:
"Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, except backwards and in high heels."

What do you think? When have you felt like Wonder Woman lately?
Bonus points if the story involves fancy dress. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment