Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Share Spotlight: Celebrating Las Posadas

 This week's Share Spotlight comes from the Busted Halo blog:
Celebrating Las Posadas: "Enter Pilgrims; I Did Not Recognize You."

I've been wanting to do a post about Christmas traditions around the world, but with my busy schedule, I just haven't had time to do the research.

Luckily for me, Busted Halo is ready with some information on Las Posadas. Las Posadas is a custom in Mexico, and with some Mexican Americans, in the weeks leading up to Christmas. I'm most familiar with it from the movie, The Three Caballeros, (yeah, the one starring Donal Duck from the forties), but I've always loved the tradition.

People dress up as Mary and Joseph and travel from house to house, knocking on doors and singing, until finally, they arrive back at the first house and are let inside. It's a great show of community and of faith.

What traditions do you have for this time of year, Christian or otherwise? Are there any traditions you've heard of that you'd like me to look up and write about?

No comments:

Post a Comment