Saturday, March 1, 2014

February Book Roundup

As I do at the end of each month, here's a list of some of the books I've been reading.



When the Marquess Met His Match by Laura Lee Guhrke
A wonderful take on a traditional Romance novel plot: dedicated bachelor finds he must marry, so he finds a matchmaker to find him a bride, he doesn’t expect to fall for the matchmaker! Still, I loved this book. The characters felt very real, with an incredible depth. Both characters have their flaws but you still want to root for them, especially as they start to understand themselves and fight to change for the better. A great afternoon read that will leave you sighing in contentment.

Paris in Love by Eloisa James
Continuing the Romance theme, Paris in Love is the memoir of romance author Eloisa James (one of my favorites). The memoir grew out of Facebook and Twitter posts, so the book is mainly written in short paragraphs, interspersed with longer essays. The posts are generally witty and made me laugh, a lot. I was reading every other one out loud to my roommate. A great read for anyone who needs to travel by armchair.

Divergent by Veronica Roth
A fantastic first book! The narrator seems very real to me and the thought processes that are so integral to making the main character important come through loud and clear, without it feeling as though the author is aiming to make her think differently. Yeah, that was a messy explanation, but I have to say that this is one book that lived up to the hype. 

I'm always looking for new books, so leave a recommendation! Just keep it spoiler free. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment