Monday, March 31, 2014

March 2014 Book Roundup

It's been a crazy month, so my roundup is a little slim. I hope you'll give me some new ideas for books now that I have some time to read again!

Barefoot Season by Susan Mallery
This is a novel of old friends torn apart and forced to find their way back together. While there are definite romantic elements, the women's relationship takes center stage. I found my self rooting for both women, who are forced to reexamine their pasts and what they will take forward into the future. Both women are far from perfect, but they acknowledge their faults (eventually) and really strive to be better people.

Steadfast by Mercedes Lackey
This is the ninth installment in Mercedes Lackey's Elemental Masters series, based on the story of the Steadfast Tin Soldier. All of the books are fabulous and this one is no exception. I have really enjoyed that the later books in the series have moved away from the all powerful Masters toward the less powerful Magicians. It means less reliance on power and more on wits to win the day, which I find refreshing in a fantasy novel.

Found any great books recently? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment